- POSITIVE CHANGES DURING THE ROARING 20'S
- WOMEN - wore short skirts - trousers - kissed in public - drank - had jobs -
- SPORTS - higher wages meant that people could afford to go to new sporting events. Babe Ruth became a sports star.
- FILM - it became the biggest leisure activity.Hollywood became the movie making centre of the world. They were violent for the first time.
- FILM - actors became idolised by the general public. $10,000 per year , $13 a wee, annual wage.
- TRANSPORT - advances in transport meant that people could go to more outlying areas EG racetracks.
- 1921 - 1 Radio station - 1923 - 508 stations
- SOCIAL EVENTS - dancing , smoking and cocktail parties became popular.
- JAZZ - came from blacks that swept from the south to the north - symbolised freedom