Similarly to functionalists, New Right theorists see the family as the cornerstone of society. The nuclear family is the "normal family" in the view of New Right.
- Charles Murray
- Norman Dennis
- George Erdos
- A right wing commentator and author on American and British society.
- He argues that intelligence is a good predictor of how well a child will do in life.
- He believed that teenage pregnancy, divorce and lack of education are problems in society.
- He also believes that society's problems are caused by its members.
- Published a book called "The underclass"
- They don't acknowledge the fact that children can come from nuclear families where there is violence and abuse.
- They blame the victims of disadvantaged families.
"The natural states should be the two-adult family caring for their children" The New Right sees the family in a state of deterioration. They point to the following evidence to supports their claims.....
- Lone parent families
- Fatherless families
- Divorce rates