- Created by: Mollie Allen
- Created on: 04-06-14 19:25
Staying In Hospital
It can be a difficult, traumatic and upsetting stay because of..
- A different routine
- Absent family members
- Strange surrondings and unfamiliar people
- Unpleasant, uncomfortable treatment or pain
Making it a Happier Experience
It can be made easier when theres unresticted visitng and parents can stay overnight
A pre-admission visit for a non-emergancy will reassure children. They're shown equipment and encouraged to play wi it.
Parents should let children pack their own bags and remember a comfort toy,. Let them choose something new to take with them,
Parents can expalin about hosptials as a precaution incause of emergency admission. Depending on the childs agg, they can
- Use books, DVDs, stories, games
- Explain what might happen, with emphais on being made well
- Ecourage role play by providing nurses and docots outsits and pretend equipment.
Regression is when children temporarily resturn to behaviour shown when they were younger.