- Created by: Chelsea Purdy
- Created on: 10-04-11 17:34
- It is also called the "death penalty". It means that someone is sentenced to death for the crime they have committed.
- There was capital punishment in Bible times. Jesus was crucified by the Romans. Most Christians are against the use of capital punishment. They believe it is wrong to kill. Two wrongs do not make a right. Christians believe only God can judge us. People can change. Everyone deserves a seconed chance. Christians should be able to forgive because God forgives them. God gives life so only He should take it away.
- Christians believe criminals should be punished but that everyone deserves a seconed chance. People can change their lives. The Bible talks about forgiving people, if we want God to forgive us.
Christian view !
Christians argue both for and against the death penalty using secular arguments (see Ethics: Capital punishment), but like other religious people they often make an additional case based on the tenets of their faith.
For much of history, the Christian Churches accepted that capital punishment was a necessary part of the mechanisms of society.
For Capital Punishment
- THERE WAS CAPITAL PUNISHMENT IN BIBLE TIMES
- "AN EYE FOR AN EYE, A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH", IF YOU KILL YOU SHOULD BE KILLED.
- IF THE FAMILY KNOW THE MURDER HAS GOT WHAT THEY DESERVE, THE FAMILY OF THE VICTIM WILL FIND IT EASIER TO MOVE ON.
- THE PERSON CANNOT MURDER AGAIN !
- IT SAVES THE GOVERMENT AND TAX PAERS A LOT OF MONEY
- ALL GUILTY PEOPLE DESERVED TO BE PUNISHED
Against Capital Punishment
- THE EXECUITONER BECOMES A MURDER TOO
- GOD GIVES LIVES AND ONLY HE SHOULD TAKE IT AWAY
- THE COMMANDMENTS SAY "DO NOT KILL"
- A PERSON MAY BE FOUND INNOCENT AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN KILLED. COURTS MAKE MISTAKES !
- EVERYONE DESERVES A SECONED CHANCE. THE BIBLE TEACHES US TO FORGIVE.
6 REASONS WHY PEOPLE COMMIT CRIMES !
- They have a bad homelife, or they have had a bad childhood.
- To pay for drug/alcohol addictions
- Do not have enough money to buy what they want/need
- Mental or emotional problems
- They are unemployed
- Where they live - bad community
Explain 5 reasons why people who commit crimes sho
- To show them they have done wrong
- To protect the rest of society
- To help the offender reform
- To put others commiting crimes
- To change/reform them
Learn what these words mean. They explain why crim
- Protection - protects the rest of society
- Deterrance - to put others in society off commiting the crime
- Retribution- must be punished a given punishment that fits the crime
- Reform-means change!So the offender wont do it again
- Vindication- society needs to function properly so if the law is broken it must be upheld
Restorative Justice is when the criminal takes some responsibility for dealiing with crime in its own area. A meeting is aranged between the offender and the victim. It is all about reform.The victim has a chance to let the offender know what harm they have done. Hopefully the offender will see the harm they have caused and try to make it up for it!