how to manage mass movement
- steep slopes can be covered or sprayed with wire mesh to prevent rock falls
- retaining walls could be built to stabilise a slope
- if the slope is made of highly fractured rock, rock bolts may be emplaced to hold the slope together and prevent failure
- drainign pipes could be inserted into the slope to more easily allow water to get out and avoid increase in fluid pressure, the possibility of liquefaction of increased weight due to the addition of water
- oversteepend slopes can be graded to reduce the slope to a natural angle
- in mountain valleys subject mudflows plans could be made to rapidly lower levels in human maden resevoirs to catch and trap the mudflows.
1 of 1