- Created by: Amelia200314
- Created on: 17-04-19 11:01
Essential fatty acids (EFA'S)
- EFA'S cannot be made by the body.
- EFA'S are essential for regulating body processes, for example, blood clotting and control of inflammation.
- Omega 3: found in oily fish, seeds, walnut oil and leafy green vegetables.
- Omega 3: helps to protect the heart.
- Omega 6: found in vegetables, fruits, grains, chicken and seeds.
- Omega 6: it helps to lower cholestrol in the blood.
1 of 2
- Produced when hydrogen is added to vegetable oil.
- This process is called hydrogenation.
- This process is used to make fats from oil.
- Trans fatty acids behave like saturated fats which raises your level of cholestrol.
- Medical research has shown that trans-fatty acids are very bad for your cardiovascular system and may increase the risk of breast cancer.
2 of 2