- Created by: Former Member
- Created on: 08-05-13 18:06
- Women deal with paid work and unpaid work at home
- Little evidence of a 'new man'
1 of 5
- Caring for other family members
- 'Labor of love'
2 of 5
LESBIAN couples and GENDER SCRIPTS
- View childcare positivly
- Equal relationships
- Expectations and norms of a relationship (DUNNE)
- Give equal importance to both partners careers
3 of 5
COMMERCIALISATION of HOUSEWORK
- Housework has become 'commercialised'
- Supermarkets, fast food, laudery - reduces amount of domestuc labor
4 of 5
GERCHUNY: trend towards EQUALITY
- Wives who work part time - 82% of housework
- Wives who don't work - 83% of housework
- Wives who work full time - 73% of housework
- Couples who had parents that shared tasks equaly are more likely to have equality
5 of 5