- Created by: Twins 1&2
- Created on: 16-06-13 14:20
3.6 Metallic Issues
There are social, economic and environmental issues associated with exploiting metal ores.
Recycling saves energy and limited resources.
Benefits to using metals in construction
· They are strong
· They can be bent into shape
· They can be made into flexible wires
· They are good electrical conductors
Drawbacks of using metals in construction
· Obtaining metals from ores causes pollution and uses up limited resources
· Metals are more expensive than other materials, such as concrete.
· Iron and steel can rust.