- Created by: EstherTheBunny
- Created on: 11-06-13 10:29
Ergonomics, anthropometrics and fitness for purpos
- The study of how products can be shaped and sized to work well with the human body.
- The study of the varying sizes of all the parts of a human body.
- Fitness for purpose-
- quality in terms of fulfilly a customer's requirements, needs or desires.
- Anthropometric data often ignores the top and bottom 5%, which means that 95 percentile anthropometric data is used.
- However, some ptoducts are targeted at specific groups, perhaps above average ones-such as shoes for basketball players.
1 of 2
- When a product goes on sale, it goes through different stages:
- Introduction to market
- generally a period of slow sales as the new product is launched. Because of the high costs involved in development and advertising it, profits are small at this stage.
- the popularity of the product increases and more people want to buy the product, which boosts profits.
- demand and profit for the product hits a peak as most of those who are going to buy the product already have done. By now, competitors will have launched their products, which affects sales.
- a period when sales of the product begin to slow down and profits reduce.
2 of 2
Similar Design & Technology: Graphics resources: