Slides in this set
· Criminals have different physical
features compared to non
criminals. What was
· No actual criminal/ study to
non-criminal comparisons Lombroso?
· All participants had psychological
disorders confused criminality
with psychopathology.…read more
· Three body shapes
Mesomorph = characterised criminal
· Unreliable classifications. Worksheet:
Tasks 1 and 2
· Data reanalysed using legal
documents = no significance.
· Other explanations of body
shape linking with criminal
· Compared children's behaviour to
both adoptive and biological
· Adopted children are put into an
environment similar to home.
· Some children are adopted at a
late age so may already have
been exposed to crime.…read more
· MZ twins have higher
concordance the DZ twins for
· Low concordance rates = Worksheet:
environmental influences. Task 3
· MZ twins treated more alike and
this could increase
Weak Super Ego
· The superego provides the ego with a
set of morals, goals and values.
· Crimes happen due to a weak
superego, leading to an imbalance
between the three components of the
personality. What did
ID, Ego, Superego suggest?
· Freud believed that women have a
weaker superego compared to males.
Hoffman contradicts.…read more