Other slides in this set
Here's a taster:
Overview on Sociological
10. therefore the society has 11. This communism
12. It's a
gone through a REVOLUTION. is the aim of the 1. Conflict
This leads to a state of Marxists. theory
COMMUNISM- no class
2. Believe there is class
conflict between different
9.But when they do realise the
unfairness the workers get together
3. Therefore society is in
(collective power) and demand
changes e.g. strikes/ unions. They
are now experiencing `Class Marxism
consciousness'. 4. Believes there is
conflict between upper
and lower class.
8. However, they
don't` realise they're 7. The exploitation (low 5. Believe that in todays
being exploited so wages) leads to the owners 6. The Capitalistic society, there is
are in a `false class making more profit. This proletariats are conflict between the
consciousness''. increases gap between exploited by the business owners/upper-
upper and lower class. bourgeoisie. class (Bourgeoisie), and the
Social Action Theory-Weberism
· Put forward by Max Weber.
· Opposite of structural theory, as it observes the behaviour of
individuals, and how they effect society.
· Therefore it's a macro theory.
· Also known as `Interpretive Perspective', because they focus on how
people interact with each other, and the meanings/motives behind their
· Opposite theory of Functionalism and Marxism.…read more