Slides in this set
Issue of infertility and whether a
child is a gift or right?
What can be done if you find out you are infertile?
Types of fertility In vitro (in tube)
Artificial insemination by
AID Artificial insemination by
In the news
· In 1978 Louise Brown was the world's first ever
test tube baby. Since then it is estimated that
there have been more than 30,000 babies born.
· What do you think of the story?
· Do you agree with the treatment of women over
the age of 50?
· Do all women have the right to a child?…read more
Issues raised by IVF
· Is the suffering caused by infertility more important
than the loss of embryos involved in the IVF process?
· Are the embryo's human? Is it right to discard the left
· IVF is for treating infertility so is it right that embryos
can be kept for 14days for experimentation?
· Designer babies? In India clinics already allow sex
selection and nearly all discarded embryos' are
· Does this quick fix to fertility treatment mean that we
are not really finding out the real problems to infertility?
· Are embryos are treated as properties not people?…read more
· Allows couples to have · AID sperm is from a
children who otherwise third part could been
can't. seen as adultery.
· Basic human instinct to · Some embryos are
have children can be disposed of killing life?
carried out. · Should sperm be gain via
· Correcting a malfunction masturbation?
like any other medical · Only God should give life.
problem. · Expensive and
· Can be painful and sometimes dangerous.
traumatic not having
children and this can
solve that.…read more