Slides in this set
· DATA: raw facts and figures for processing
· HARDWARE: the physical components of a
· INFORMATION: output from an ICT system
· SOFTWARE: the programs which supply the
instructions to the hardware…read more
1. ICT is the information communications and technology of
the world. It concerns any device or system that allows the
storage, retrieval, manipulation, transmission and receipt of
2. An input to the payroll system would be: the Surname of the
employee, the start time of work and the ending time of
3. Two processes performed on the inputted data would be:
the calculations on how many hours they worked and the
total that they worked in a week.
4. One output from a payroll system would be the pay check
that the employee would get at the end of the week/month.…read more
Results of a survey
2 How easy it is measurements
Accuracy to Results from
QUALITY OF DATA CAN
INFORMATION Output from a
ARISE FROM management
a particular Business
The use transactions
information How up-to-date the
information is…read more
· DATA: raw facts and figures or a set of values, measurements or records of
· PROCESSING: performing calculations or arranging the data into a meaningful
· TRANSACTION: a piece of business, e.g. an order, purchase, return, delivery,
transfer of money, etc.
· INFORMATION: data that has been processed to give it meaning and us
· ASCII: a code for representing characters in binary
· AMERICAN STANDARD CODE FOR INFORMATION INTERCHANGE (ASCII): a
code for representing characters in binary
· BINARY CODE: code made up from a binary digits 0 or 1
· ENCODING: putting information/data (text or numbers) into a specified
format that allows effective transmission or storage by an ICT system. This
normally involves digesting the information.…read more
1. Coding data is when you shorten data for inputting for example when you
shorten Male to just an M or Female to just an F. Encoding data is the process of
putting information/data into a specified format that allows effective
transmission or storage by an ICT system. For example the compression of data
for more storage space.
2. Data is sometimes coded so that it is shortened for inputting in to the computer
like instead of typing in Male, you can shorten it to M.
3. I do not understand what the numbers mean because they are just data and
have no information.
4. The numbers are data because they haven't been processed to give them
meaning and when you look at them, you do not know what they mean.
5. Data can be in the form of numbers, letters or anagrams.
6. Data are raw facts and figures or a set of values for example 6, 43, 78, 10.
information is data that has been processed to give it meaning for example the
price of a can of coke is 59p.
7. Three different examples of processing is Multiplication, Validation and