Slides in this set
· The cost of the war was about £3.5million per
day this was financed by:
Raising national debt,
Sale of War Bonds,
Holding of gold for the Government.
· Overseas markets were damaged and much was
lost to Japan and the US.
· The economy slumped, by 1928 exports were
only at 84% of those in 1913.…read more
· 722,785 (11.8%) of serving men died.
· Life expectance increased due to
improvements within the medical
· War accelerated maternity care, health
standards, spending on children's meals
and medical knowledge.…read more
· The First World War accelerated the already
existing political trends :
Damage to the Liberal Party,
Popularity to the Labour Party & Unions
Enfranchisement of women
Growth of the State's power.…read more