First 339 words of the document:
Part A 30 Mark Questions
1. `In the years 153647, Henry VIII was a weak ruler, unable to control the factional
disputes within his court.' How far do you agree with this judgement?
2. How accurate is it to say that Thomas Cromwell `transformed' Tudor government?
3. How far do you agree that Henry VIII's failure to leave an adult male heir led to
4. Why did the attempt to establish Lady Jane Grey as queen of England fail?
5. How far was there a religious crisis in the period 154769?
6. `An attempt by the Duke of Northumberland to strengthen his own position.' How
far do you accept this judgement of religious reform under Edward VI?
7. How far was the execution of Mary, Queen of Scots, the main reason for the
outbreak of war between Spain and England in 1588?
8. How far were economic concerns responsible for the changing relationship
between England and Spain during the reign of Elizabeth I?
9. Were economic problems the main problem facing government in Edward's reign?
Part B 40 Mark Question
1. `1549 was the only year in which rebellions posed a serious threat to the authority of
the Tudor state.' How far do you agree with this view?
2. How far do you agree with the view that the revolt of the northern Earls in 1569
never seriously threatened the authority of the Tudor state?
3. How far do you agree with the view that the relationship between Elizabeth I and
her parliaments was characterised by conflict?
4. How far do you agree with the view that there was `significant disagreement
between MPs and the Crown' (Roy Sloan) in the period 156688?
5. How far do you agree that Mary's gender shaped everything else in her reign?
6. How far do you agree that Elizabeth was reluctant to confront Phillip of Spain due
to religious reasons?
7. Do you agree that foreign conflict was unavoidable in Elizabeth's reign?