- Created by: moonbow0701
- Created on: 12-02-18 17:18
- Why was regeneration needed in Newham?
- The River Lea is a tributary of the Thames and the Lea Valley was once one of the main industrial areas in London.
- By 2007, when work began to create the Olympic Park, many of the industries had already gone and some of the site was derelict and overgrown.
- The Lower Lea Valley in eats London was the site for the 2012 Olympics
- Newham, along with the other boroughs around the site, is in one of the most deprived parts of London.