- wave power
- friction of winds blowing over water produces waves. the kinetic energy can be harnessed
- factors which produce larger waves
- areas with strong winds
- winds that blow continually
- constant wind direction
- there is a long distance for the waves to build up
- best sites for wave power are exposed coasts
- equipment that harnesses the energy of the waves may anchored offshore that could be fixed on the seabed.
- wave power is intermittent as it relies on wind.
- also unreliable as cant predict wind direction
Similar Environmental Science/Studies resources: