- The Healing of the Crippled Man
- The man had been paralyzed for 38 years - Israelites wandered the desert for 38yrs when Moses waited to recieve the law
- "Get up, pick up your mat and walk" - Life Quickening Words
- The sinful man was not able to enter new life because the Law had failed him - in Christ he can find that new life
- The man told the Jewish authorities which angered them as the healing was done on the Sabbath - "My father is always working, and I too, am working"
- The man was offered salvation but did not accept it - Salvation offered to all but not all accept it
- Marsh: Jesus was "wholly at one with the father, the fount of all authority and law"
Similar Religious Studies resources: