- Created by: aliceoliviaaa
- Created on: 14-05-18 19:14
- The success of management of hazards/ disasters
- Hydro-met (meteorological hazards) - drought, cyclones, floods and storms- have increased in number due to global warming and deforestation.
- Tectonic hazards have not increased or decreased.
- from 1975-2015:
- 1. Deaths have fallen by around 100,000 due to better response- management,preparation and even predictions. (mobile comms for warnings).
- 2. number of reported disasters increased and then levelled decreased since 2000. In previous years, small local disasters were not reported; the increase may be due to increased coverage. Decrease in recent years may be due to better management.
- 3. the number of people affected continues to rise as population does.