- Created by: LilyJones146
- Created on: 19-02-19 17:17
- The Black Death
- Began in Asia/travelled rapidly through trade routes.
- Some of the believed causes were that Jews had poisoned wells or that it was to do with the position of the stars.
- The Plague was in Turkey in 1347 and spread to England in just a year - 1348.
- The cause of the disease was of a bacteria called Yersina Pestis.
- Some of the symptoms were: bubbles lumps, fever and vomiting.
- The Plague spread quickly because the street cleaning was poor and that led to rats being encouraged to breed.
- The plague started in the late 14th century and finally ended in the 18th century. It was known as the Great Plague of 1665.
Similar History resources: