- Religious ethics
- Ethical theories arise out of their time and culture, so may well be influenced by religion.
- Concerned with all forms of God's creations, both the natural world and humanity, and formulates rules for their inter-relationship.
- Heteronomy: Morality is shaped by religious beliefs alone. It's ideas are shaped from religious teachings.
- The Euthuyro Dilemma: "Is something right because the Gods command it, or do the Gods command it because it is right?"
- The divine command theory: something is good simply because God commands it and for no other reason
- The Humanists: Reject religion and believe that morality can exist dependent of religion.
- A.J Ayer: "No moral system can rest solely on authority."