- Political Socialisation.
- The process by which people acquire political values and opinons.
- There are two models of political socialisation.
- Primacy model- relies on family values and their influences on political opinon
- Regency model (Kavanagh) looks at political socialisation through ones lifetime.
- Rush said that family, peer groups, religion, education and the mass media affect our socialisation.
- Rush said socialisation also takes place through imitation, instruction and motivation (trial and error)
Similar Government & Politics resources: