- Political Culture and Socialisation.
- Kavanagh said that political culture was a set of values in which a system operates.
- Almond and Verba said that the UK was a civic culture
- Kavanagh said that civic culture is in decline
- The increase in devolution and decrease in voter turnout indicates a general dissatisfaction with the system.
- Miliband (marxist) said that there is a dominant political culture held by the ruling class that masquerades as consensus but the working class can rebel.
- Thatcher in the 1980s wanted to move political culture away from the state and towards the citizen.
- Barnett said that the death of Princess Diana made us a more emotional society.