- Military Opposition
- A series of defeats such as Stalingrad lead to discontent in the army that they may lose the war.
- A lot of soldiers were not happy with the role of the Einsatzgruppen in killing the Jews.
- 20 July 1944
- Suspects were Von Staffenburg (main suspect), Ludwig Beck and Karl Goerdeler.
- Von Staffenburg put a leather bag containing a bomb under Hitler's desk and when Hitler arrived the bomb exploded.
- The bomb killed 4 people and left Hitler injured.
- Around 5000 people where executed including 19 generals and 26 colonels.