- Opposition to the Treaty of Versailles
- The government thought the treaty was unreasonable as they had removed the Kaiser who was responsible for the war.
- They thought that the British, French and Americans would be more sympathetic.
- Military terms left Germany vulnerable to attack.
- the German people were shocked at the severity of the treaty.
- The public blamed the government for accepting it.
- They had not been invited to have a say, there was no opportunity for compromise.
- The German people did not want to take all of the blame for the war.
Similar History resources: