- Microprocessor technologies
- Microprocessors are computers put into electronic devices to check, regulate and control something. A microprocessor performs all the processing needed, it does all the calculating and decides what to do next. Examples - cars, washing machines etc.
- Applications for microprocessors
- Any devices that can be controlled can have a microprocessor in it.
- Microprocessors in the home: washing machines, children's toys, heating and alarm systems.
- microprocessors in everyday life: traffic lights, mobiles and cars.
- microprocessors at work: computers, communications and videoconferencing. robots in factories and warehouses. process control.