- Created by: georgiapennyx
- Created on: 11-10-18 21:02
- it is an opportunity to bring kedusha or holiness into everyday life
- jews believe these laws come from god which is why they keep them.
- some suggest the laws had health benefits at the time they were made - seafood would have travelled long distances without refigeration, pigs carried disease, etc
- deuteronomy 14:3-10 lists some of the foods that are allowed and forbiden.
- acceptable food is called kosher, meaning 'fit' and 'correct' ; non-kosher food is called is called treifah, meaning 'torn'.