- Created by: floramorris
- Created on: 22-04-19 12:27
- different interpretationsHT/1984
- struggle between the classes and how the upper class are in power over the lower class
- HT: men are higher than women creating a struggle.
- the party in 1984 are a symbol for the upper class, they get privileges
- better living places etc.
- how women are represented and women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes
- HT: made into property od the commanders
- 1984: Women aren't as respected by men and aren't seen as smart or influencial as men
- the study of the environment and how it has changed
- HT speaks of pollution constantly and how it has led to infertility
- 1984 doesn't focus on environment, too bad to fix
- judges the value of the literature based on its moral lessons and ethical teachings
- HT: extremism out of gender roles and how they rapidly define
- 1984 government attitudes towards equality can penetrate into the lives of those living in society and extreme philosophy.
- how the writer has used language to construct meaning and patterns of language
- HT repetition of importance of religious teachings causes repression
- 1984: repetition of down with big brother and big brother is watching you
Similar English Literature resources: