- First to understand the human body through scientific experiments.
- First person to explain how the human body works
- Believed that diseases were caused when something went wrong in the body.
- He was considered the most important figure in the history of medicine.
- He done most of his work around 430 years before the birth of Christ.
- He had a series of medical books called 'The Hippocrates Collection.'
- Greek doctors trained themselves from his books.
- He worked on the assumption that all diseases had a natural cause rather than a supernatural one.
- Doctors used his books for over 150 years.
- Created the 'Hippocratic Oath'.
Similar History resources: