- Corporate experiences - Swinburne
- Public/shared R/E - often result in change of behaviour, lifestyle or attitude - conversion link
- Subsequent phenomena in these meetings i.e Toronto Blessing - uncontrollable laughing weeping, roaring as holy spirit descended upon them
- Group experience with religious significance
- Supporters - took these events as sign of 'new move' of God
- Skeptics - suggests mass hysteria and copious psychological evidence supports this and examine scripture and q whether experiences fit w/ what = revealed about G-ds nature '
- Could be classed as conspiracy to prove particular religion - happen to large groups of religious believers not atheists
- Easily explained mass hysteria + shared desire which = multiplied by crowd + manipulated - Marx + Freud