- Created by: Megan Puplett
- Created on: 03-06-13 12:49
Mystical experiences: used to describe experience of direct contact or oneness with God or ultimate reality.
Numinous experiences: used to describe experiences of awe and wonder in the presence of God.
Corporate experiences: used to describe religious experiences that happen to a number of people at once in the same location.
Experience and religion
- The traditional arguments for the existence of God are at best inconclusive.
- Most philosophers would agree that the existence of a God cannot be proved or demonstrated to others.
- The phenomena of religious experience are different because, for those who have such experiences, these phenomena have authority and convince them that their religious beliefs are true or, in some cases, persuade them to change their…