- Christian arguments against capital punishment
- Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus came to save (reform) sinners.It is impossible to reform a criminal that has been executed
- Jesus banned retribution when he said an eye for and eye and a tooth for tooth is wrong.
- For some Christians the New Testament had replaced the law of the Old Testament which allows for capital punishment
- Christianity teaches that human life is sacred and only God can take life
- If abortion and euthanasia are wrong then so is the death penalty
- Most Christian Churches condemn capital punishment
- Agree with all non-religious arguments against capital punishment