- Created by: NTipper99
- Created on: 24-05-17 10:33
- Blood Tracking
- Damaged bar codes cause delays
- Can be expensive to implement
- As its digital if the system goes down, no information will be accessible until its back up
- Can track a patient or a donor if given bad blood infected with hepatitis etc
- Makes sure a patient gets the right blood for them (same blood type)
- Better stock control of the blood = you know where + when its been used
- Eliminates need for paper records = easier to store + more environmentally friendly
- What is Blood Tracking?
- This is when blood is donated and then tracked from the donor to its use
- Patients have a bracelet with a barcode which is matched with bar code on the blood bag/ donor.
Similar ICT resources: