- Created by: Ruthie0309
- Created on: 06-09-18 21:16
- Altitude Training
- Training at an altitude of 2km or higher.
- There is less oxygen in the air and oxygen carrying capacity is reduced
- The body compensates by making more red blood cells
- Red blood cells helps oxygen reach your muscles.
- Who Benefits?
- Endurance athletes.
- Athletes that work aerobically.
- Difficult to complete
- Fitness can be lost
- Suffer from altitude sickness
- Benefits are lost after 15 days
Similar Physical Education resources: