1. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the first written language discovered?
- Mycenaean Greek.
3. What is an archaeological culture?
- The social stratification of a culture.
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- How refined a group of peoples were.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
4. What is an assemblage?
- An early animal (including humans).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- An early human (not including animals).
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
5. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
- Daniel Wilson.
- Heinrich Schliemann.
- Charles Darwin.