1. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. When is prehistory usually thought to begin?
- When homo sapiens appear.
- When writing begins in a country.
- When Neanderthals appear.
- When people start speaking.
3. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
4. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
- Daniel Wilson.
- Heinrich Schliemann.
- Charles Darwin.
5. What is an assemblage?
- An early animal (including humans).
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- An early human (not including animals).