1. Why is the term "prehistory" problematic?
- Radioarbon dating only goes as far back as 40,000 years.
- Different countries developed writing at different points in their history.
- It's too far back to know what really happened.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Daniel Wilson.
- Charles Darwin.
- Heinrich Schliemann.
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
3. What is an archaeological culture?
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- The social stratification of a culture.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
- How refined a group of peoples were.
4. When is prehistory usually thought to begin?
- When writing begins in a country.
- When people start speaking.
- When Neanderthals appear.
- When **** sapiens appear.
5. When did Darwin write his Origins of Species?