1. What is an archaeological culture?
- The social stratification of a culture.
- Groupings of peoples, here in prehistoric times.
- How refined a group of peoples were.
- When an organism grows on a find; we can examine this to tell us about what they ate at the site when it was occupied.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Heinrich Schliemann.
- Daniel Wilson.
- Charles Darwin.
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
3. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
4. What is meant by "protohistory"?
- The point at which a certain country develops writing.
- The point at which a certain country develops agriculture.
- The point at which a certain country develops religion.
- The point at which a certain country develops dance.
5. What is an assemblage?
- An early human (not including animals).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
- An early animal (including humans).