1. A frequently occurring assemblage is indicative of a culture. True or false?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is an example of naming a culture after where it is from?
- All of the above.
3. What is an example of one of the earliest-found hominins?
- Sahelanthropus tchadensis (Sahara)
- Ardipithecus ramidus (various parts of Africa)
- Australopithecus afarensis (East Africa)
4. What is an assemblage?
- An early human (not including animals).
- An early animal (including humans).
- An archaeological gathering of related finds, activities, peoples etc.
- In lithic analysis, a defining characteristic of a lithic flake.
5. Who coined the term "prehistory"?
- Daniel Wilson.
- Christian Jurgensen Thomsen.
- Charles Darwin.
- Heinrich Schliemann.