1. Tubes 1 and 5, the reactants are pyruvate and the products are pyruvate. What was the reaction?
- no reaction
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can we derive is in position 3?
- alanine (and some left over glutamate)
- pyruvate (and some left over glutamate)
3. What’s in position 6?
- DNPH (buffer compounds)
4. After the ethyl acetate is added to tubes 5-10, all ten tubes were centrifuged. What was the purpose of this?
- to remove precipitated protein and to separate the ethyl acetate (5-10)
- to extract the ethyl acetate and separate the 2,4 dinitrophenyl-hydrazones
- to remove ethyl acetate (5-10) and separate the 2,4 dinitrophenyl-hydrazones
5. Which of these is true?
- in this experiment, we separate amino acids on one plate using one solvent mixture and oxoacid derivatives on another plate with a different solvent mixture
- in this experiment, we separate amino acids and oxoacids on the same plate, due to the ability of one solvent mixture to separate these simultaneously.