1. How are the amino acids visualised?
- they are purple and can be seen when sprayed with ninhydrin (and heated)
- they are purple and can be seen directly
- they are yellow and can be seen when sprayed with ninhyrdin (and heated)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the purpose of TLC (thin layer chromatography)?
- it is a length but very precise way to separate many types of compound
- it is a quick and convenient way of separating many types of compound
- it is a quick and convenient way of identifying the presence of substance
3. Tubes 4 and 8, the reactants are NAD+ and glutamate and the products are oxoglutarate. What was the reaction?
- no reaction
4. Tube 5 gives you a standard of what?
- the 2,4 dinitrophenyl-hydrazone of pyruvate
- the 2 oxoglutarate
- the DNPH alone
5. Glutamate dehydrogenase is unusual in that it..
- uses either NAD+ or NADP+ as a coenzyme
- uses both FAD+ and NAD+ as a coenzyme