1. After the extracts have been added (which are added after the reactants), ethyl acetate is added to tubes 5- 10 and the tubes are shaken well. What does this do?
- extracts the 2,4 dinitrophenyl-hydrazones
- separates the ethyl acetate
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. (Use the drawings of your plates for the rest of the questions.) What's in
- Nothing (no amino acids produced)
3. What’s in position 6?
- DNPH (buffer compounds)
4. How are the amino acids visualised?
- they are purple and can be seen when sprayed with ninhydrin (and heated)
- they are purple and can be seen directly
- they are yellow and can be seen when sprayed with ninhyrdin (and heated)
5. What are the two routes for this aim of the interconverting?
- one is glutamate and one is aspartate
- one is pyruvate and one is aspartate
- one is glutamate and one is pyruvate