1. (Use the drawings of your plates for the rest of the questions.) What's in
- Nothing (no amino acids produced)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Tubes 4 and 8, the reactants are NAD+ and glutamate and the products are oxoglutarate. What was the reaction?
- no reaction
3. What does glutamate dehydrogenase do?
- catalyses the oxidative deamination of glutamate
- catalyses the oxidation of glutarate
- moves amino acids between glutamate and glutamic acid
4. Which of these is true?
- in this experiment, we separate amino acids on one plate using one solvent mixture and oxoacid derivatives on another plate with a different solvent mixture
- in this experiment, we separate amino acids and oxoacids on the same plate, due to the ability of one solvent mixture to separate these simultaneously.
5. What does this produce?
- A new amino acid and a new 2-oxo acid
- Two amino acids and a floating amino group