1. To which sub-unit of the nicotinic type II receptor does ACh bind?
- Gamma sub-unit
- Alpha sub-unit
- Beta sub-unit
- Delta sub-unit
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many sub-units make up the nicotinic type II receptors?
3. What is the NMJ?
- The point at which neuronal activity is transduced into movement
- The point at which acetylcholine interacts with nicotinic type 1 receptors
- The National Monkey Journal
- The point at which electrical activity is passed into neurons from muscles
4. Which of the following regulate motor neurone activity?
- Dorsal root ganglia, dorsal rami & cerebellum
- Cerebral cortex, basal ganglia & cerebellum
- Occipital lobe, parietal lobe & dorsal root ganglia
- Basal ganglia, dorsal root ganglia & cerebral cortex
5. What is denervation hypersensitivity?
- No voluntary or involuntary muscle contraction, no resting muscle tone and no active resistance to stretch
- Muscle wasting, loss of contractile protein
- Redistribution of ACh receptors away from motor end plates causing reactivity to ACh along the length of the muscle fibre
- Spontaneous twitching of motor units due to denervation hypersensitivity
Similar Medicine resources: