1. Flacced paralysis is an eefect of denervation. Which of the following best describes flaccid paralysis?
- No voluntary or involuntary muscle contraction, no resting muscle tone and no active resistance to stretch
- Redistribution of ACh receptors away from motor end plates causing reactivity to ACh along the length of the muscle fibre
- Spontaneous twitching of motor units due to denervation hypersensitivity
- Muscle wasting, loss of contractile protein
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the two products of the metabolism of ACh?
- Acetic Acid & Cholinesterase
- Acetic Acid & Choline
- Acetyl CoA & Choline
- Acetylcholine & Ester
3. To which sub-unit of the nicotinic type II receptor does ACh bind?
- Alpha sub-unit
- Delta sub-unit
- Beta sub-unit
- Gamma sub-unit
4. Through what mechanism is ACh released from the presynaptic membrane?
- Sodium-dependent exocytosis
- Sodium-dependent endocytosis
- Calcium-dependent exocytosis
- Calcium-dependent endocytosis
5. Activation of the nicotinic type II receptors causes what?
- Activation of G-protein coupled sodium-dependent receptor
- Activation of G-protein coupled calcium-dependent receptor
- Opening of voltage-gated sodium channels
- Opening of voltage-gated calcium channels
Similar Medicine resources: