1. Which of the following features allow the post-synaptic terminal to be an effective site of neurotransmitter reception?
- Complex junctional folds, large surface area & lots of receptors
- Simple junctional folds, large surface area & lots of receptors
- Complex junctional folds, small surface area & lots of receptors
- Complex junctional folds, large surface area & few receptors
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following best describes the passage of an action potential post-NMJ to muscle contraction?
- I don't know
- AP carried into transverse tubule system leading to calcium release and muscle contraction
- AP causes spasm in T tubules, which leads to muscle explosion
- Muscles don't like contracting
3. Denervation is usually associated with what?
- Lesion of a sensory neuron
- Lesion of a lower motor neuron
- Lesion of an upper motor neuron
- Breakdown of a sensory synapse
4. What is denervation hypersensitivity?
- Redistribution of ACh receptors away from motor end plates causing reactivity to ACh along the length of the muscle fibre
- Muscle wasting, loss of contractile protein
- Spontaneous twitching of motor units due to denervation hypersensitivity
- No voluntary or involuntary muscle contraction, no resting muscle tone and no active resistance to stretch
5. What is a motor unit?
- A group of up to ten motor end plates
- A group of muscle fibres innervated by a single motor neuron
- A group of up to ten sarcomeres
- A single muscle fibre
Similar Medicine resources: