1. Who attended the Yalta and Potsdam conferences?
- At the Yalta conference Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin attended but at the Potsdam conference Attlee, Truman and Stalin attended due to Roosevelt dying and Churchill losing the election.
- Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini attended both conferences
- Leaders from all major powers in Europe
- Rasputin and Tsar Nicholas II
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was happening in Greece and Turkey?
- They were under threat as they were what stood between the rest of Europe and communism, so they were the USSR's next targets
- They went to war with each other
- They both got simultaneously invaded by Germany
3. What was the purpose of the Truman doctrine?
- The purpose of the Truman doctrine was to establish that the United States would support a democratic nation under threat from an internal or external authoritarian force. This support could include economic, political or military assistance.
- To destroy Russia
- To help Truman recover from his illness
4. What was comecon?
- Someone called Con was left behind and someone in front had to call back to him
- Comecon (Council for Mutual Economic Assistance) 1949 This co-ordinated industries and trade of Eastern Europe. The idea of it was to trade with each other and not the West.
- A place where people dress up as characters from famous films
5. What was Cominform?
- Having established Communist governments in Eastern Europe Stalin wanted to tighten his control. Cominform 1947. This co-ordinated governments in Eastern Europe. He gave out instructions to Communist governments as to what they must do.