1. What was comecon?
- Comecon (Council for Mutual Economic Assistance) 1949 This co-ordinated industries and trade of Eastern Europe. The idea of it was to trade with each other and not the West.
- A place where people dress up as characters from famous films
- Someone called Con was left behind and someone in front had to call back to him
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How were the ideas and beliefs of the USA and the USSR different?
- The USA was a capitalist democracy; the USSR was a communist dictatorship.
- The USSR liked Hitler, the USA did not
- The USSR was a capitalist democracy; the USA was a communist dictatorship.
3. What was the purpose of the Truman doctrine?
- The purpose of the Truman doctrine was to establish that the United States would support a democratic nation under threat from an internal or external authoritarian force. This support could include economic, political or military assistance.
- To destroy Russia
- To help Truman recover from his illness
4. What was happening behind the 'curtains'
- They were making a super army
- the Soviets were helping themselves to the raw materials and industrial resources of occupied nations.
- the Soviets were partying and drinking vodka
5. What was agreed at Potsdam in July 1945(Germany had been defeated)
- mass holocaust of all Germans
- Arguments about the boundaries between the zones, amount of reparations Russia wanted to take, Truman was angry as Stalin had arrested the non-communist leaders of Poland, Stalin was furious that Truman dropped the A-bomb and not told him about it/
- Germany would have to be blown off the face of the earth
- nothing was agreed