1. Why did the USA drop the atom bombs?
- They got Japan mixed up with North Korea
- President Harry S. Truman, warned by some of his advisers that any attempt to invade Japan would result in horrific American casualties, ordered that the new weapon be used to bring the war to a speedy end
- They did it by accident.
- They thought it would be funny.
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the purpose of the Truman doctrine?
- The purpose of the Truman doctrine was to establish that the United States would support a democratic nation under threat from an internal or external authoritarian force. This support could include economic, political or military assistance.
- To destroy Russia
- To help Truman recover from his illness
3. How were the ideas and beliefs of the USA and the USSR different?
- The USA was a capitalist democracy; the USSR was a communist dictatorship.
- The USSR liked Hitler, the USA did not
- The USSR was a capitalist democracy; the USA was a communist dictatorship.
4. How did Russia react to Marshall aid?
- The Soviet Union rejects participation in the Marshall Plan, with Stalin's Foreign Minister, V.M. Molotov, calling it an "imperialist" plot to enslave Eastern Europe.
- They loved it
- They declared war on the USA
5. What was Cominform?
- Having established Communist governments in Eastern Europe Stalin wanted to tighten his control. Cominform 1947. This co-ordinated governments in Eastern Europe. He gave out instructions to Communist governments as to what they must do.