1. What was Cominform?
- Having established Communist governments in Eastern Europe Stalin wanted to tighten his control. Cominform 1947. This co-ordinated governments in Eastern Europe. He gave out instructions to Communist governments as to what they must do.
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the purpose of the Truman doctrine?
- To help Truman recover from his illness
- The purpose of the Truman doctrine was to establish that the United States would support a democratic nation under threat from an internal or external authoritarian force. This support could include economic, political or military assistance.
- To destroy Russia
3. What was happening behind the 'curtains'
- the Soviets were helping themselves to the raw materials and industrial resources of occupied nations.
- the Soviets were partying and drinking vodka
- They were making a super army
4. How were the ideas and beliefs of the USA and the USSR different?
- The USSR was a capitalist democracy; the USA was a communist dictatorship.
- The USA was a capitalist democracy; the USSR was a communist dictatorship.
- The USSR liked Hitler, the USA did not
5. Why was it known as the 'Cold War'?
- Because the two countries never fought each other directly, it was called a “cold” war meaning there was no physical fighting
- As it was very cold as they faught
- It's ironic as it was very hot
- As they never stopped fighting for one second during the war
Similar History resources: