1. When did the Cold War take place?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Marshall aid?
- General George Marshall made a plan to save Europe from communism.Marshall Aid took the form of fuel, raw materials, goods, loans and food, machinery and advisers. It jump-started rapid European economic growth, and stopped the spread of Communism.
- Its made up
- The proposal the George Marshall made to nuke the whole world
3. What was happening behind the 'curtains'
- the Soviets were helping themselves to the raw materials and industrial resources of occupied nations.
- the Soviets were partying and drinking vodka
- They were making a super army
4. What was agreed at Potsdam in July 1945(Germany had been defeated)
- mass holocaust of all Germans
- Arguments about the boundaries between the zones, amount of reparations Russia wanted to take, Truman was angry as Stalin had arrested the non-communist leaders of Poland, Stalin was furious that Truman dropped the A-bomb and not told him about it/
- Germany would have to be blown off the face of the earth
- nothing was agreed
5. What was Cominform?
- Having established Communist governments in Eastern Europe Stalin wanted to tighten his control. Cominform 1947. This co-ordinated governments in Eastern Europe. He gave out instructions to Communist governments as to what they must do.
Similar History resources: