1. What methods of planning has been put in place?
- buildings built after 1960's were earthquake proof
- people were educated so they know exactly what to do
- have supplies ready
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can people do to prepare?
- Gather emergency supplies and organise shelter elsewhere
- Deal with it
- Run away
3. Where do they occur
- Oceanic plates
- Plate boundries
- Continental plates
4. Name the secondry impatcs to this Primary one: The ground is shaking-buildings fall
- fires break out - hydrants dont work - sewage may contaminate (sewage systems, gas and water mains broken
- emergancy services cannot reach affected areas Hard to get aid in(Cracks in roads open up and railways distroyed)
- Injury and death - broken families -stress - homelessness - no job
- Carry away buildings, block roads, floods - death (land slides, tsunami)
5. What movement causes Earthquakes?
- Sudden releases of pressure
- convection currents