Advantages Of Aid
- Emergency aid has saved lives
- Helps rebuild livlihood and building
- Medical equiptment can improve health services
- Agricultural aid can supply more food at a better quality
- Encouraging idustrial aid can create jobs and improve transport infrastructure
- Can support countries in developing their natural resources and power supplies
- Water and sanitation aid can improve health and living standards
Disadvantages Of Aid
- Increase the dependancy of LEDCs on donor countries. (Can't repay loan)
- May not reach the people who need it most as the goverment may be corrupt
- Aid can be used to put political or economic pressure on the receiving country
- Some projects don't benefit smaller farmers (most projects are large scale)
- Infrastructure projects may benefit employers more than employees
- May be a condition to the investment (products sold to MEDCs)
- Can lead to food and water costing more
Physical Factors Effecting Development
Climate can affect development as if there is little rainfall, this means droughts occur. As a result, crops suffer and cannot grow. As a conserquence, they can not be sold so there is no increase in economic development.
Natural hazards can limit growth as it can destroy land. This leads to buildings being destroyed and also agricultural areas. Also, income may be diverted to help recover from these events.
Landlocked countries means that its harder to trade. It must be driven through other countries to be exported and this costs money. Also it is more difficult to get new technology as the fibre optic cables run under the ocean.
Natural Resources allow a country to develop depending on their availability. Also this is linked to the ability to exploit the natural resources in order for the country to gain and benefit.
Historical development such as colonies has allowed for trade to occur for many years. However, some colonial countries were set without attention to tribal and cultural differences.
Human Factors Affecting Development
Historical development such as colonies has allowed for trade to occur for many years. However, some colonial countries were set without attention to tribal and cultural differences.This can cause tension and instability.
Political Factors such as poor governance can inhibit a country from developing. Money that could be spent on education and health care are spent on military weapons and the lifestyle for the elite.