1. Who was one of the first to use factor analysis in personality traits?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was associated with higher happiness levels in a study by Hayes and Joseph (2003)?
- High extraversion, low neuroticism
- High extraversion
- Low neuroticism, high conscientiousness
- Low agreeableness
3. How many factors of personality are in Cattells model?
4. What makes the trait approach different from the type approach?
- None of the above
- Traits are stable and types are in flux
- Traits lie on a continuum whilst types are discrete categories
- The Trait approach is theoretically more plausible than the type approach
5. What is the main proposition of Eysencks theory of personality?
- Fundamental traits are biologically based, but environment influences how they are expressed
- Personality traits are relatively stable and only reflect temperement
- Fundamental traits are environmentally based, but biology influences how they are expressed
- Personality is based on the formation of the nervous system