1. Who used a combined approach (i.e. both self reports and physiological measures) to investigate stress?
- Geer & Maisel
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Geer and Maisel find?
- Having no control over a situation is linked to increased levels of stress.
- The workers secreted more cortisol than the cleaners. This was linked with an increased risk of stress related illness and absenteeism. They also felt more irritated and rushed.
- A higher score on the daily hassles report showed links to increased chances of having a stress related illness.
3. Who researched stress innoculation therapy (SIT) as a treatment of stress?
4. Who researched biofeedback as a treatment of stress?
5. What did Waxler-Morrison find?
- Practican help and jobs are seen as important. Six factors which helped: support from friends, contact with friends, martial status, total support, social networks and employment.
- SIT improved symptoms of stress the most. But both SIT and systematic desensitisation had an overall improvement.
- The group receiving biofeedback received fewer tension headaches.