1. What were the findings for rosenhan's study?
- There are issues of subjectivity in the diagnosis of schizophrenia
- The real patient's were able to detect the 'pseudo-patients'
- 8 patients pretended to be schizophrenic
- lacks population validity because it only used 8 participants
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are three issues concerning the diagnosis of schizophrenia?
- Reliability, Retrospective data, Weather
- Inter-rater reliability, cultural differences, co-morbidity
- Deception, psychological harm, debriefing
- Labelling, Ecological validity, confidentiality
3. What is used to diagnose schizophrenia?
- The DSM IV and ICD
- Labelling issues
- The NYC and DSM
- The OPP and ECT
4. What studies supports the issue of cultural relativism?
- Davison and Neale: Asians expect repressed emotions and Arabs praise emotions
- Meehl: doctors should pay close attention to medical records
- Rosenhan: 8 pseudo-patients in a hospital
- Beck et al: inter-rater reliabilty was as low as 54%, agreed for 154 patients
5. What are negative symptoms of schizophrenia?
- Disorganised thoughts, Alogia, Agitated motor movement
- Avolition, Delusions, Hallucinations, Voices in their mind
- Avolition, Alogia, Flattening Affect, Reduced motor movement
- Delusions, Hallucinations, Bad breath, paranoia
Similar Psychology resources: