1. The term "hydraulic action" refers to the force of the water itself, which helps to loosen material from the bed and banks of a river.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. which of these is NOT an example of erosion?
- hydraulic action
3. As a river begins to lose energy, material carried in suspension is deposited first and the rest of the load is carried farther.
4. what mostly takes place in the lower course of a river
5. Which section of a river usually has the steepest gradient?
- none of the above
- lower couse
- upper couse
- middle course