1. The term "hydraulic action" refers to the force of the water itself, which helps to loosen material from the bed and banks of a river.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. As a waterfall retreats upstream, it creates a feature called:
- a interlocking sper
- v shaped valley
- a river cliff
3. This feature is formed when a meander is abandoned by a river.
- ox bow lake
- a sper
4. the place where a river flows into another river is called a:
- drainage basin
5. The term "corassion" refers to:
- The process by which rivers grind their load against their bed and banks.
- The process by which rivers dissolve soluble minerals
- The erosion of material from the bed and banks of a river by the water itself.
- Material such as rocks and stones colliding with each other