1. The term "corassion" refers to:
- The process by which rivers grind their load against their bed and banks.
- Material such as rocks and stones colliding with each other
- The process by which rivers dissolve soluble minerals
- The erosion of material from the bed and banks of a river by the water itself.
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. This feature is formed when a meander is abandoned by a river.
- a sper
- ox bow lake
3. As a river begins to lose energy, material carried in suspension is deposited first and the rest of the load is carried farther.
4. The term "traction" refers to the way in which materials in the river's load are bounced along the riverbed.
5. V-shaped valleys, interlocking spurs and waterfalls are usually found in which part of a river?
- lower course
- lower middle course
- upper course
- upper middle course