1. What does the reduction of an aldehyde form?
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
- Secondary alcohol
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the exact ion used in the reduction reaction?
3. What symbol is used to represent the reducing agent in equations?
4. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Electrophilic substitution
- Nucleophilic addition
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Electrophilic addition
5. What is the reducing agent used to reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Brady's reagent
- Sodiumtetrahydridoborate(iii) (NaBH4)
- Tollen's reagent
- Acidified potassium dichromate