1. What symbol is used to represent the reducing agent in equations?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Nucleophilic addition
- Electrophilic addition
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Electrophilic substitution
3. What is the second product of the reduction reaction, other than the ones stated above?
4. What is the exact ion used in the reduction reaction?
5. What is the reducing agent used to reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Acidified potassium dichromate
- Tollen's reagent
- Sodiumtetrahydridoborate(iii) (NaBH4)
- Brady's reagent