1. What does the reduction of a keytone form?
- Secondary alcohol
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Electrophilic substitution
- Nucleophilic addition
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Electrophilic addition
3. What is the reducing agent used to reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Brady's reagent
- Sodiumtetrahydridoborate(iii) (NaBH4)
- Tollen's reagent
- Acidified potassium dichromate
4. What symbol is used to represent the reducing agent in equations?
5. What is the second product of the reduction reaction, other than the ones stated above?