1. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Electrophilic substitution
- Nucleophilic addition
- Electrophilic addition
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the exact ion used in the reduction reaction?
3. What is the second product of the reduction reaction, other than the ones stated above?
4. What symbol is used to represent the reducing agent in equations?
5. What does the reduction of an aldehyde form?
- Secondary alcohol
- Primary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid