1. What is the exact ion used in the reduction reaction?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the second product of the reduction reaction, other than the ones stated above?
3. What does the reduction of a keytone form?
- Carboxylic acid
- Secondary alcohol
- Primary alcohol
4. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Electrophilic substitution
- Electrophilic addition
- Nucleophilic addition
- Nucleophilic substitution
5. What is the reducing agent used to reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Brady's reagent
- Acidified potassium dichromate
- Sodiumtetrahydridoborate(iii) (NaBH4)
- Tollen's reagent