1. What symbol is used to represent the reducing agent in equations?
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the reduction of an aldehyde form?
- Primary alcohol
- Secondary alcohol
- Carboxylic acid
3. What is the exact ion used in the reduction reaction?
4. What is the second product of the reduction reaction, other than the ones stated above?
5. By what mechanism does the reducing agent you chose above reduce aldehydes and keytones?
- Nucleophilic substitution
- Electrophilic substitution
- Nucleophilic addition
- Electrophilic addition