1. What is the McClintock effect?
- Women living together will synchronise their menstrual cycles due to a pheromone found in sweat
- Women do not synchronise their menstrual cycles
- Women are attracted to men with complementary immunity
- Humans have a functioning VNO, which affected mate choice based on pheromones
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the vibrational theory of odor receptors?
- Lock and key theory - whether an odorant molecule smells the same or different to another is based on whether it has a complementary shape to the receptor binding site of the OSN
- Whether a odorant smells the same or different to another is based on its IR vibrational spectrum
- Molecules might have to be the right shape to ‘dock’ with receptor sites but then bond energies determine the final activation level
3. True or false, the thalamus shows reliable activity even to odors below threshold?
4. At what concentration is butyl mercaptan detectable at?
- 100 ppb
- 100 ppm
- 10 ppb
- 10 ppm
5. Is the taste sensory cortex lateralised?
- May be
- We cannot say because experimentally limiting taste to one side of the tongue is too difficult