1. What is the role of the abdominal muscles?
- To keep the body straight and allow movement around the stomach
- To shape our bodies and keep us fit
- To protect the abdominal organs and allow flowing movement
- To aid digestion and provide a stable structure
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are isometric contractions?
- Muscles that work to move limbs towards the body
- Muscles that work to stabalise a stable joint/limb
- Muscles that work to bend or straighten a limb
- Muscles that work to move limbs away from the body
3. What are the two types of muscular contractions?
- Flexor and Extensor
- Isometric and Isotonic
- Adductor and Abductor
- Concentric and Eccentric
4. What are adductor muscles?
- Muscles that lengthen
- Muscles that move limbs away from the body
- Muscles that move limbs towards the body
- Muscles that shorten
5. What is the difference between a concentric and eccentric isotonic contraction?
- Eccentric muscles lengthens whilst Concentric muscles shortens
- Eccentric muscles contract whilst Concentric muscles relax
- Eccentric muscles bend a limb whilst Concentric muscle straighten a limb
- Eccentric muscles move a joint whilst Concentric muscles stabalise a stable joint