1. What are isometric contractions?
- Muscles that work to move limbs towards the body
- Muscles that work to stabalise a stable joint/limb
- Muscles that work to bend or straighten a limb
- Muscles that work to move limbs away from the body
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are flexors and extensors?
- Muscles that move limbs towards and away from the body in pairs
- Muscles that work with and against each other to bend or straighten limbs
- Muscles that shorten and straighten under contraction to move limbs
- Muscles that stabalise joints and limbs whilst no movement is occuring
3. What are adductor muscles?
- Muscles that shorten
- Muscles that lengthen
- Muscles that move limbs towards the body
- Muscles that move limbs away from the body
4. What is the role of the abdominal muscles?
- To aid digestion and provide a stable structure
- To shape our bodies and keep us fit
- To keep the body straight and allow movement around the stomach
- To protect the abdominal organs and allow flowing movement
5. What are the two types of muscular contractions?
- Concentric and Eccentric
- Isometric and Isotonic
- Flexor and Extensor
- Adductor and Abductor