1. What are flexors and extensors?
- Muscles that stabalise joints and limbs whilst no movement is occuring
- Muscles that shorten and straighten under contraction to move limbs
- Muscles that work with and against each other to bend or straighten limbs
- Muscles that move limbs towards and away from the body in pairs
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the difference between a concentric and eccentric isotonic contraction?
- Eccentric muscles lengthens whilst Concentric muscles shortens
- Eccentric muscles contract whilst Concentric muscles relax
- Eccentric muscles bend a limb whilst Concentric muscle straighten a limb
- Eccentric muscles move a joint whilst Concentric muscles stabalise a stable joint
3. What are the two types of muscular contractions?
- Concentric and Eccentric
- Isometric and Isotonic
- Flexor and Extensor
- Adductor and Abductor
4. What are adductor muscles?
- Muscles that lengthen
- Muscles that move limbs towards the body
- Muscles that shorten
- Muscles that move limbs away from the body
5. What are abductor muscles?
- Paired muscles that work to move limbs away from the body
- Muscles that work to move limbs toward the body
- Muscles that bend or straighten a limb/joint
- Muscles that shorten and lengthen under contraction