1. what was picketing?
- standing outside segregated shops and asking people not to use it
- stealing money out white people's pockets
- planting trees in front of buildings
- giving threatening notes to government workers
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. why was MLK important for the civil rights movement?
- he was quite good for the civil rights movement
- he was liked by the government because he used violent protests
- he appealed to white politicians because he used non-violent forms of protest
- he smelled nice
3. what form of protest did MLK believe in?
- writing letters
- sending flowers to people
- where black people broke into shops
- deliberately getting arrested and filling jails
- offering to go to jail
5. MLK used .... to great effect, for example to Washington.
- mass marches