1. why was MLK important for the civil rights movement?
- he was quite good for the civil rights movement
- he was liked by the government because he used violent protests
- he appealed to white politicians because he used non-violent forms of protest
- he smelled nice
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. what was picketing?
- planting trees in front of buildings
- giving threatening notes to government workers
- standing outside segregated shops and asking people not to use it
- stealing money out white people's pockets
3. what were sit-ins?
- a group of people that rode on buses without paying
- black people sitting at white only counters waiting to be served
- black people that sat on stools in the middle of a town
4. MLK's main aim was to get ....
- voting rights
- put in jail
5. what did MLK know would embarrass the government?
- incorrect spelling