1. Who stated that the popular press support the common sense view of the world that helps to maintain and justify existing inequalities?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
- the news
3. The 5 common sense ideas conveyed by tabloids according to Curran (all correct)
- Most asylum seekers are just illegal immigrants
- Being a celebrity is really important
- You must look like the models in magazines
- Happiness is about possessions and money
- Black people are potential criminals
4. Who found that varied audience groups do have a very clear understanding of the intended ideological message found in media content and a section of that audience often accurately reproduce it in terms of their own attitudes?
5. Who stated that the Cultural Effects Model needs to be dynamic and account for the fact that people may internalise/reject media messages based on their personal experiences?
Similar Sociology resources: