1. The GUMG uncovered the following (all correct)
- however, some members of the audience rejected the ideological message although these tended to be in the minority
- sample quickly recognised the ideological messages contained in photos that the strike was violent and miners were to blame
- majority of sample who had not directly experienced the strike interpreted it as violent and illegitimate
- people sympathetic to miners cause were weakened in their support by what they saw on the news
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the GUMG study?
- Miner's strike
- Afro Caribbean males
3. Where did Curran state that it was most obvious that popular tabloid newspapers were guilty of ideological practices?
- coverage of entertainment issues
- coverage of serious issues
- coverage of everything
4. Who noted that the audience had no direct experience/knowledge of an issue then the ideological power of the media message will be strong and likely to shape an individuals view of the social world?
5. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
- the news
Similar Sociology resources: