1. The 5 common sense ideas conveyed by tabloids according to Curran (all correct)
- Happiness is about possessions and money
- Black people are potential criminals
- Being a celebrity is really important
- You must look like the models in magazines
- Most asylum seekers are just illegal immigrants
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. The GUMG uncovered the following (all correct)
- however, some members of the audience rejected the ideological message although these tended to be in the minority
- sample quickly recognised the ideological messages contained in photos that the strike was violent and miners were to blame
- majority of sample who had not directly experienced the strike interpreted it as violent and illegitimate
- people sympathetic to miners cause were weakened in their support by what they saw on the news
3. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
- the news
4. Who found that varied audience groups do have a very clear understanding of the intended ideological message found in media content and a section of that audience often accurately reproduce it in terms of their own attitudes?
5. Where did Curran state that it was most obvious that popular tabloid newspapers were guilty of ideological practices?
- coverage of entertainment issues
- coverage of serious issues
- coverage of everything
Similar Sociology resources: