1. Where did Curran state that it was most obvious that popular tabloid newspapers were guilty of ideological practices?
- coverage of entertainment issues
- coverage of serious issues
- coverage of everything
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the GUMG study?
- Afro Caribbean males
- Miner's strike
3. Who stated that the Cultural Effects Model needs to be dynamic and account for the fact that people may internalise/reject media messages based on their personal experiences?
4. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- the news
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
5. The 5 common sense ideas conveyed by tabloids according to Curran (all correct)
- Being a celebrity is really important
- Happiness is about possessions and money
- You must look like the models in magazines
- Most asylum seekers are just illegal immigrants
- Black people are potential criminals
Similar Sociology resources: