1. Who stated that the Cultural Effects Model needs to be dynamic and account for the fact that people may internalise/reject media messages based on their personal experiences?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
- the news
3. The 5 common sense ideas conveyed by tabloids according to Curran (all correct)
- Most asylum seekers are just illegal immigrants
- Black people are potential criminals
- Being a celebrity is really important
- Happiness is about possessions and money
- You must look like the models in magazines
4. Who found that varied audience groups do have a very clear understanding of the intended ideological message found in media content and a section of that audience often accurately reproduce it in terms of their own attitudes?
5. What did the GUMG study?
- Afro Caribbean males
- Miner's strike
Similar Sociology resources: