1. Who stated that the Cultural Effects Model needs to be dynamic and account for the fact that people may internalise/reject media messages based on their personal experiences?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. The GUMG uncovered the following (all correct)
- however, some members of the audience rejected the ideological message although these tended to be in the minority
- people sympathetic to miners cause were weakened in their support by what they saw on the news
- sample quickly recognised the ideological messages contained in photos that the strike was violent and miners were to blame
- majority of sample who had not directly experienced the strike interpreted it as violent and illegitimate
3. What did the GUMG study?
- Miner's strike
- Afro Caribbean males
4. Who stated that the popular press support the common sense view of the world that helps to maintain and justify existing inequalities?
5. Where did Curran state that it was most obvious that popular tabloid newspapers were guilty of ideological practices?
- coverage of entertainment issues
- coverage of serious issues
- coverage of everything
Similar Sociology resources: