1. What did the GUMG study?
- Miner's strike
- Afro Caribbean males
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found that varied audience groups do have a very clear understanding of the intended ideological message found in media content and a section of that audience often accurately reproduce it in terms of their own attitudes?
3. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- the news
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
4. Who stated that the popular press support the common sense view of the world that helps to maintain and justify existing inequalities?
5. The GUMG uncovered the following (all correct)
- sample quickly recognised the ideological messages contained in photos that the strike was violent and miners were to blame
- people sympathetic to miners cause were weakened in their support by what they saw on the news
- majority of sample who had not directly experienced the strike interpreted it as violent and illegitimate
- however, some members of the audience rejected the ideological message although these tended to be in the minority
Similar Sociology resources: