1. Where did Curran state that it was most obvious that popular tabloid newspapers were guilty of ideological practices?
- coverage of everything
- coverage of entertainment issues
- coverage of serious issues
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found that varied audience groups do have a very clear understanding of the intended ideological message found in media content and a section of that audience often accurately reproduce it in terms of their own attitudes?
3. The GUMG uncovered the following (all correct)
- however, some members of the audience rejected the ideological message although these tended to be in the minority
- sample quickly recognised the ideological messages contained in photos that the strike was violent and miners were to blame
- majority of sample who had not directly experienced the strike interpreted it as violent and illegitimate
- people sympathetic to miners cause were weakened in their support by what they saw on the news
4. Who did Curran was believe was guilty of ideological practices?
- the news
- popular tabloid newspapers
- popular broadsheet newspapers
5. Who stated that the Cultural Effects Model needs to be dynamic and account for the fact that people may internalise/reject media messages based on their personal experiences?
Similar Sociology resources: