1. Why is optimism adaptive?
- All three answers
- Belief that 'all will be well' in the face of challange
- Willingness to 'have a go' against the odds
- 'Never know unless you try'
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the correlation between well-being and pleasure?
3. What are the two types of happiness?
- Pleasure and Well-being
- Displeasure and sadness
- Pleasure and complacenty
- Comfort and well-being
4. What is good about optimism?
- Reduces depression
- It is motivating and leads to behaviour
- Makes the person hopeful
- Makes the person happier
5. What does optimism encourage?
- All four answers
- Gives hope for a positive future
- Positive coping strategies in the face of negative events
- Facing challenges to improve life (or survive)
- Reinterpretation of negative events in positive light
Similar Psychology resources: